Resources For More Help
No matter if you are in person, on the phone, computer, or online in any way, you deserve to be in a safe and healthy relationship.
There are many places you can go to for help or just for a safe place or person to talk with about your relationship. These links offer some support and ways to think about how to stay safe:
- Love is Respect provides information about how to prevent and end abusive relationships. They also have support hotlines and text lines: https://nrd.gov/resource/detail/21078656/Loveisrespect
- Suicide Prevention: Don’t be afraid to let someone know that you need help. If you or a friend feel alone and need to speak with a safe and confidential resource, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24/7 by phone or chat: 1-800-273-8255.
- Sexual Assault: you can find more information and resources at https://www.girlshealth.gov/safety/saferelationships/daterape.html
- Bullying: you can finds tips for dealing with bullying athttps://www.girlshealth.gov/bullying/stopping/beingbullied.html
Helping Someone You Know Through an Unhealthy or Abusive Relationship
- How can I help others? https://www.thehotline.org/support-others/
- How can I help a friend? https://www.womenshealth.gov/relationships-and-safety/get-help/how-help-friend
- How can parents help a teen? https://www.womenshealth.gov/blog/unhealthy-teen-relationships